COVID-19 Statement from the First Nations Housing Professionals Association
The First Nations Housing Professionals Association (FNHPA) was created to expand housing capacity by supporting housing professionals through standards, certification, education and networking. FNHPA understands that this is a challenging time as we navigate new territory. Our primary concern is the health and safety of our members and the communities you serve across the country.
Here is some important information about FNHPA initiatives:
- Our Knowledge Centre which contains housing management tools, best practices and other resources is now live on the FNHPA website.
- The launch of the online FNHP Certification program, scheduled for the Fall of 2020, is on track and will not be impacted by the pandemic.
- Our first Annual Conference which was scheduled to take place from June 3-5, 2020 in Winnipeg will be re-scheduled to take place likely in early 2021. We are actively monitoring the situation and keeping in close contact with partners and governmental agencies. The safety of our meeting participants is a top priority.
- Where interest and numbers exist and when we are able to meet again in person, on-site intensive courses to support the certification program will be offered in accordance with COVID-19 guidelines from regional authorities.
As housing professionals, you play a key role in helping to minimize the impact of COVID-19 in your communities. Working in collaboration with health and financial staff and in line with local health authority guidelines is essential in protecting yourself and your community members.
Further information about the coronavirus and its impact is available from:
- First Nations Health Managers Association COVID-19 Resources and Announcements
- Aboriginal Financial Officers Association COVID-19 Information Portal
- Government of Canada Public Health COVID Update
- Canada’s Economic Response Plan
- Indigenous Services Canada
- Government of Canada Travel Advisories
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Annual General Meeting June 3, 2020 - For details and registration, click here!
- March 11, 2019 – Membership information guide now available! Click here.
- February 6, 2019 – Management Team Announcement! Click here.
- January 1, 2019 – Announcing a New Professional First Nations Housing Association! Click here for the Press Release.
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on FNHPA activities!