The First Nations Housing Professionals Program Fall Semester starts on September 20, 2021 and ends on December 13, 2021.
If you have less than seven years of experience, you will need to complete the certification program. The Program will consist of 5 courses and a final exam designed specifically for First Nations Housing Professionals. To register for upcoming courses, click here.
The five courses are:
- 100 First Nations Housing and Infrastructure: History and legislation; program and funding; cultural considerations; current developments and issues; key elements of housing construction; housing infrastructure; and housing governance.
- 200 First Nations Housing Strategy, Policy and Accountability: Role of the housing manager; problem-solving and decision-making; planning; accountability and performance management; and policies.
- 300 Management of Housing Programs: Development of programs and projects; funding and project proposals; program and project management; tenders and project management; housing maintenance; working with clients; and program evaluation, reporting, and communications.
- 400 Housing Management Functional Supports: Human resources, finance and management accounting; information and technology; housing and systems; legal; quality, benchmarking and risk; and strategic alliances and partnerships.
- 500 Professionalism, Ethics and Critical Skills: Professionalism; continuous learning and mentoring and self-care; ethical considerations; and enabling of critical skills such as working with people and change, leadership, facilitation, managing meetings, etc.
Completion of the Program, successful completion of the final exam, in addition to two years of practical work experience will lead to certification as a First Nations Housing Professional (FNHP). For detailed information check out the general information guide that explains how membership and certification works, or check out the FNHP Program Preparation Guide.
Check here for potential exemptions if you have already completed professional development and have experience in a housing professional role.
For more information on FNHP courses and course exemptions, contact Mara Juneau, Education Manager - (613) 422-7842 ext. 106